The Business Management program provides students with an associate of applied science degree to fit educational and professional goals geared towards business leadership and management. The components of the A.A.S. degree consist of three areas: 1) completion of General Business Core, 2) completion of three Basic Technical Certificates for a rich mix of Career and Technical Areas of Competence (CTAC), and 3) completion of the General Education requirements for a total of 60-62 credits.
Successful completion of each of the Basic Technical Certificates will enable students to specialize in specific areas of interest for entry-level positions that meet their individual career goals. Placement in some of the courses in the CTAC may be determined by college assessment tests or prior to completion of prerequisites.
Business & Professional Programs Division
Hedlund Building, Room 101
Phone: (208) 769-3226
|BUSA-221||Principles of Marketing||3|
|ENTP-125||Small Business Financial Management||3|
|ENTP-135||Business Development and Planning||3|
- WICHE Passport
- AAS Institutionally Designated
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Identify key business skills and knowledge needed to be successful when opening/operating a small business.
- Identify and analyze innovative business opportunities, assessing feasibility/viability of concepts.
- Develop and refine business idea(s) from concept through a complete business plan.
- Develop the ability to pitch a new venture concept to potential customers and investors.
- Launch a business venture of one's own, OR apply concepts gained through the program to foster innovation and growth within an existing company.