The Business Management program provides students with an associate of applied science degree to fit educational and professional goals geared towards business leadership and management. The components of the A.A.S. degree consist of three areas: 1) completion of General Business Core, 2) completion of three Basic Technical Certificates for a rich mix of Career and Technical Areas of Competence (CTAC), and 3) completion of the General Education requirements for a total of 60-62 credits.
Successful completion of each of the Basic Technical Certificates will enable students to specialize in specific areas of interest for entry-level positions that meet their individual career goals. Placement in some of the courses in the CTAC may be determined by college assessment tests or prior to completion of prerequisites.
Business & Professional Programs Division
Hedlund Building, Room 101
Phone: (208) 769-3226
|BLDR-132||Employee Benefits Compensation||3|
|BMGT-260||Human Resource Management||3|
|BUSA-265||Legal Environment of Business||3|
|HRA-210||Recruiting, Selection, and Retention||3|
- WICHE Passport
- AAS Institutionally Designated
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Analyze compensation plan components.
- Acquire and retain employees who match position requirements and fulfill organizational objectives.
- Discuss HR planning strategies and system implementations.
- Identify and evaluate quality and performance improvement strategies.
- Demonstrate the ability to recognize and identify legal issues in the business environment.
- Develop the ability to analyze legal issues and increase critical thinking skills.
- Recognize the importance of respecting laws and working within the framework of our existing legal system.