The Business Management program provides students with an associate of applied science degree to fit educational and professional goals geared towards business leadership and management. The components of the A.A.S. degree consist of three areas: 1) completion of General Business Core, 2) completion of three Basic Technical Certificates for a rich mix of Career and Technical Areas of Competence (CTAC), and 3) completion of the General Education requirements for a total of 60-62 credits.
Successful completion of each of the Basic Technical Certificates will enable students to specialize in specific areas of interest for entry-level positions that meet their individual career goals. Placement in some of the courses in the CTAC may be determined by college assessment tests or prior to completion of prerequisites.
Business & Professional Programs Division
Hedlund Building, Room 101
Phone: (208) 769-3226
|BUSA-101||Introduction to Business||3|
|BUSA-211||Principles of Management||3|
- WICHE Passport
- AAS Institutionally Designated
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate time management techniques.
- Encourage customer loyalty.
- Read and interpret the information contained in a company's financial statement.
- Understand the role and primary goal of different fields of business (production, human resources, marketing, research and development, information systems).
- Become proficient with an entry-level business vocabulary.
- Explain why management controls are necessary and be able to discuss the basic requirements of the control process.
- Identify and explain the ethical components and philosophical approaches used in the business environment.