The Office Technology program allows students to design an Office Technology intermediate technical certificate by completing courses from the Accounting, Business Administration, Computer Applications and Office Technology, and Paralegal programs. It is designed for students seeking entry-level employment or who want to upgrade their office technology skills as required for an office-related position. The certificate can be completed in two to four semesters with a minimum of 28 credits required.
|COMM-101||Introduction to Speech Communication||3|
|or COMM-233||Interpersonal Communication|
|ECTE-100||Fundamentals for Writing||3|
|or ENGL-101||English Composition|
|Select one of the following:||3-5|
|Select one of the following:||3-4|
|Medical Receptionist Internship I|
|Administrative Support Internship I|
|Medical Administrative Assistant Internship|
|Medical Billing Specialist Internship I|
|Paralegal Internship I|
|Select 18 credits from the following subjects: 1||18|
BUSA Business Administration
CAOT Computer Applications and Offce Technology
Excluding internship courses.
- AAS Institutionally Designated
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate appropriate work relationships and habits, communication skills, and computation skills used in an entry-level front office position.
- Demonstrate competency in basic office procedures in the selected area of concentration.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing in a business office context.
- Employ computation skills appropriate to a business office environment.
- Effectively use specialized computer programs used in an office environment.
- Demonstrate professionalism through acceptable attitude, organization and time management skills, and attire.