This program is designed to prepare students for the written and practical skills examinations for Idaho Fire Fighter 1 certification accredited by the International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC). Instruction includes basic firefighting skills, hazardous materials and infection control for emergency responders. The academy offers students the opportunity to learn from and network with instructors from Coeur d'Alene Fire Department, Kootenai County Fire and Rescue, and Northern Lakes Fire District.
Business & Professional Programs Division
Hedlund Building, Room 101
Phone: (208) 769-3226
|FST-101||Fire Fighter 1||12|
- WICHE Passport
- AAS Institutionally Designated
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Be prepared to pass both the written and practical skills International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC) Fire Fighter 1 Certification examination.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current tactical practices and national standards in the field of firefighting.
- Demonstrate knowledge as to how one fits into the para-military organization of a fire department.
- Demonstrate how to follow as a new fire fighter and grow into leadership positions.
- Demonstrate how to successfully fit into the diverse culture of the fire service.
- Use problem solving skills to identify numerous ways to complete tasks with resources available.
- Demonstrate the ability to contribute effectively to systems and team outcomes.
- Demonstrate ethical reasoning skills and moral behavior associated with firefighting.