This certificate program is designed for individuals who desire to update or attain new medical office skills by completing a combination of healthcare operations, revenue cycle, document management, spreadsheets, and law and ethics courses. The curriculum provides students with the updated knowledge and skills necessary to work in various healthcare settings.
Business & Professional Programs Division
Hedlund Building, Room 101
Phone: (208) 769-3226
|HCIT-101||Health Information I||4|
|CAOT-168||Integrated Medical Office Software||3|
|CAOT-184||Records Systems Management||3|
|HCIT-180||Medical Law and Ethics||3|
- WICHE Passport
- AAS Institutionally Designated
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Analyze and evaluate health information to ensure timely completion of documentation.
- Demonstrate knowledge of accreditation standards for medical record documentation completion.
- Apply legal and ethical concepts to real-life dilemmas faced in medical careers.
- Use an integrated practice management/electronic health records medical office software program to perform a variety of tasks including appointment scheduling, patient account creation, posting transactions, and electronically billing third-party payers.
- Apply knowledge of database and spreadsheet software real-life scenarios.
- Demonstrate appropriate work relationships and habits, communication skills, and computation skills used in an entry-level medical records position.
- Protect patients' health information for confidentiality, authorized access for treatment, and data security.
- Communicate effectively (in verbal and written forms) using medical terms for anatomy, disease, and diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.