The Business Management program provides students with an associate of applied science degree to fit educational and professional goals geared towards business leadership and management. The components of the A.A.S. degree consist of three areas: 1) completion of General Business Core, 2) completion of three Basic Technical Certificates for a rich mix of Career and Technical Areas of Competence (CTAC), and 3) completion of the General Education requirements for a total of 60-62 credits.
Successful completion of each of the Basic Technical Certificates will enable students to specialize in specific areas of interest for entry-level positions that meet their individual career goals. Placement in some of the courses in the CTAC may be determined by college assessment tests or prior to completion of prerequisites.
Business & Professional Programs Division
Hedlund Building, Room 101
Phone: (208) 769-3226
|BMGT-256||Problem Solving Through Team Dynamics||3|
|BUSA-234||Ethical Conduct in Business||3|
- WICHE Passport
- AAS Institutionally Designated
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Analyze the role of a supervisor.
- Examine key supervisory management principles.
- Identify and explain the decision criteria, moral creativity and ethical reasoning in fostering social responsibility in the workplace.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the stakeholders approach to business ethics and ethical reasoning.
- Employ coaching techniques.
- Develop personal leadership statement.
- Understand and explain the basic functions, roles, duties and environments associated with team dynamics.
- Understand and explain the basic functions, roles, duties and environments associated with problem solving techniques, both formally and informally.